Regional achiever awards now taking nominations
Community members in Gippsland South who know a local high achiever are encouraged to submit a nomination as part of the Victorian Regional Achievement and Community Awards.
The Nationals Member for Gippsland South Danny O’Brien said there were many people in Gippsland who were making a huge contribution to the community through sporting clubs, environment and leadership programs, creating change in aged care and excelling in small business.
“These awards encourage, acknowledge and reward the valuable contribution individuals, businesses, groups and organisations are making in areas like Sale, Korumburra and Leongatha,” Mr O’Brien said.
“The Regional Achievement and Community Awards began in 2002 and have grown to become one of the most prestigious Awards programs in Regional Victoria.
“The Awards highlight the valuable contribution people make towards building a stronger and better local community. There are many wonderful initiatives that deserve to be honoured with a nomination.”
Mr O’Brien said nominations were being sought in the following categories:
- Federation Training Gippsland Regional Achiever Award
- Prime Super Community Group of the Year Award
- Life Activities Clubs Victoria and Henry Carus & Associates Senior Achievement Award
- Parks Victoria Environmental Sustainability Award
- Regional Development Victoria Business Achievement Award
- Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award
- Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
- Regional Development Victoria Leadership and Innovation Award
- MOA Benchmarking Community Service in Aged Care Award
Mr O’Brien said the awards provided the perfect opportunity to recognise leaders and innovators across a diverse range of sectors that make their communities better places.
“There can never be enough encouragement and support for those working in regional and rural areas and awards such as these provide an opportunity for us to say thank you to those who work tirelessly in developing our region to make it a better place to live,” Mr O’Brien said.
“We have many individuals, groups, programs and businesses worthy of nomination in Gippsland, so I encourage the community to make a nomination.”
Nominations close on Wednesday 20 July 2016 with judging taking place on 31 August 2016. More information is available here.