Awards to celebrate small business success
Wednesday 3 February 2016
The Nationals Member for Gippsland South Danny O’Brien is encouraging locals to celebrate the achievements of the local small business community by nominating an outstanding local business for this year’s Telstra Australian Business Awards.
Mr O’Brien said the awards, operating for the past 24 years, recognised small businesses owners who went above and beyond for customers and highlighted the courage of operators who continued to put their heart and soul into their businesses.
“Small businesses are so important to the economies of regional communities like Sale, Leongatha, Yarram, Foster, Mirboo North and Korumburra and these awards are a great way to celebrate the achievements of local operators,” Mr O’Brien said.
“Our local businesses, and the incredible people who run them, are central to the strength of our economy and it’s important for us to celebrate them and continue to encourage their growth.
“Not only do they give local people jobs, they sponsor local sporting teams, support local schools and donate products and time for raffles and other charity organisations, they’re a huge part of our community and by submitting an application you’re showing them support.
“It takes sacrifice and tenacity to run a business, and we see this every day in businesses across the electorate.”
Mr O’Brien encouraged Gippslanders to nominate a business they admired or had received exceptional service from.
Mr O’Brien said entries opened from today and would be accepted until 23 March in the following categories:
- New Business Award – for businesses operating for one to three years with up to 500 employees;
- Micro Business Award – for businesses with five employees or less;
- Small Business Award – for businesses with more than five employees but less than 50;
- Medium Business Award – for businesses with more than 50 employees but less than 500; and
- Charity Award – ACNC registered with DGR status, between one and 500 employees and an annual income of between $250,000 and $10,000,000.
To nominate or enter the awards, go to www.telstrabusinessawards.com.