2017 Telstra Business Awards calling for Nominations
The Nationals Member for Gippsland South, Danny O’Brien, is calling on the local community to celebrate the achievements of local businesses and charities by nominating them for the 2017 Telstra Business Awards.
Now in their 25th year, the Telstra Business Awards are renowned for showcasing and celebrating the achievements of Australia’s most brilliant small and medium businesses and charities.
Mr O’Brien said that small and medium businesses and charities are crucial for our local economy and deserve to be recognised.
“Local business owners and leaders drive growth and deliver jobs for locals by pouring their hearts and souls into their businesses every single day.
“It’s important they are recognised for their contributions, not just to the economy, but to the community as well.
“The Telstra Business Awards is a wonderful platform to celebrate their achievements, giving them the opportunity to receive national acclaim.”
There have been some inspiring local businesses recognised by the Telstra Business Awards, including the Gippsland Cosmetic Laser Clinic who won the New Business Award in 2016.
Anyone can make a nomination for any of the five award categories which are:
- New Business Award - operating for one to three years with up to 200 employees
- Micro Business Award – with five or fewer employees
- Small Business Award – with more than five and up to 20 employees
- Medium Business Award – with more than 20 and up to 200 employees
- Charity Award – ACNC registered with DGR status, between one and 200 employees and an annual income of between $250,000 and $10,000,000
State and Territory winners of the 2017 Telstra Business Awards will be announced at gala events later this year, with the Victorian Awards taking place on Friday 28 July.
To nominate, please visit: www.telstrabusinessawards.com/nominate or call 1800 AWARDS (1800 292 737). Entries will open on 30 January and will close on 16 March 2017.